ONTAP Hardware

Unable to connect to LDAP server

drayfus

I'm running Ontap 8.2.2P2 7-mode and I'm having issue getting my vfiler to join the domain.  

I'm able to log into the domain, as you can see below, and I'm able to verify DNS works as well as connectivity to ports 139 and 389 via systemshell telnet commands, but when I run cifs setup, it cannot connect to an LDAP server:

----------------

Enter the name of the Windows user [Administrator@PROD.ROOT]: jdoe
Password for jdoe:
CIFS - Logged in as jdoe@PROD.ROOT.
*** Setup cannot connect to an LDAP server for the PROD.ROOT active
*** directory domain, and so cannot continue.

mr4nas-e-v2w@mr4nas-e*>

-------------------

When I look at the ems logs, I get this error message and nothing else:

"SMBSETUP_STATUS_CANT_FIND_LDAP_SERVER"

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Renifa

Hi,

This issue might occur when the Domain Controller (DC) hostname violates Microsoft's naming conventions for computer names. Check the following KB: https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2018207&actp=LIST_RECENT&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1447394038606

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

drayfus

Thanks for the response.  I had considered that, but we are connected to these domain controllers on other vfilers, I just can't connect from this one.

GidonMarcus

Hi

a bit of a longshot. but check if you maybe have KB3002657 on the domain controllers.

maybe enabling sectrace or collecting pktt will get you some extra details.

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK
Public