ONTAP Rest API Discussions

FAS vs AFF (or ASA)-only REST api listings

esteadle

While working with newly provisioned C-series systems, our existing REST API scripts break when they call some REST APIS like things related to TSSE that apparently do not apply to AFF systems. 

I would like to know what specific REST APIs work for AFF / C-series systems.  Can anyone recommend a place or document that we can refer to, and know which APIS apply only to AFF and which apply only to FAS models? Also, if there are ASA or MetroCluster specific APIs, that would be good to know too.

While reviewing the available resources, we noted that there is a "Usage" in the API docs that describe which interfaces an API will work on (SVM LIF?) If there's no doc for this, could we request that the APIs themselves add information about what types of systems the API is expected to work for (AFF, ASA, FAS, MC, ETC.) 🙂 

1 REPLY 1

steiner

As far as I know, the same API's should work on all platforms within reason. Obviously you can't make a call for MetroCluster switchovers if you're not using a MetroCluster in the first place, and an NFS-related API call shouldn't work on an ASA because there are no file protocols on an ASA. Other than that, ONTAP should be ONTAP. 

What API call did you encounter that failed? If you tried to disable TSSE, that might have been the problem because TSSE cannot be turned off in the C-Series systems. That's documented in the overall C-Series material, but that restriction should be reiterated in the API documentation. I'll file a doc update request on that. 

Public