ONTAP Rest API Discussions

Getting spare-disk list trough ZAPI and REST-API

ilantivienna

Does anybody know how to get the list of available spare disks? On the CLI it's easy:

sim96cluster::> storage aggregate show-spare-disks 

Original Owner: sim96cluster-01
 Pool0
  Spare Pool

Usable Physical
 Disk             Type   Class          RPM Checksum           Size     Size Status
 ---------------- ------ ----------- ------ -------------- -------- -------- --------
 NET-1.4          FCAL   performance  15000 block            1020MB   1.00GB not zeroed
 NET-1.5          FCAL   performance  15000 block            1020MB   1.00GB not zeroed
 NET-1.6          FCAL   performance  15000 block            1020MB   1.00GB not zeroed
 NET-1.18         FCAL   performance  15000 block            1020MB   1.00GB not zeroed
 NET-1.19         FCAL   performance  15000 block            1020MB   1.00GB not zeroed
 NET-1.27         FCAL   performance  15000 block            1020MB   1.00GB zeroed
 NET-1.28         FCAL   performance  15000 block            1020MB   1.00GB zeroed
7 entries were displayed.

But how would I get this list with the good old ZAPI but although with the newer RestAPI?

3 REPLIES 3

donny_lang

Do you have a hard requirement to use either native ZAPI or REST calls? It's quite easy to do via the PowerShell Toolkit, for example: 

Get-NcDisk | Where-Object {$_.DiskRaidInfo.ContainerType -eq "spare"}

However, if you need a ZAPI and REST example specifically, I can whip those up too. Might just take a little longer than PowerShell. 🙂 

ilantivienna

Thanks a lot for your answer - always good to take a step behind and look for completely other solutions.

I am writing a plugin for a monitoring-system running on Linux servers. So Powershell is not an option. But I wonder how it could be so easy in Powershell? I always thought these SDKs are just wrappers around the generic XML-based API. That was at least the impression I got when working with the Perl ZAPI.

If you could point me to the right (Z)API I would be really grateful.

Thanks so far, Ingo

P.S. Just read your answer again: The problem is, that I can not use the container-type as indication for a spare disk. In the meantime my assumption, that we can use the the type field a indicator proved as wrong. So back to the start ... I will file a new question, once we have found the right attribute.

JS_Patil

Are there ZAPI commands which gives the same data as following  CLI command - 

memory dimm show -instance
nfs show -fields vserver,udp,tcp
system controller ioxm show

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public