ONTAP Rest API Discussions

Problem with Powershell Toolkit version 9.11.1 on cluster using Data ONTAP 9.11.1P5

grrilla

I posted this on a different board originally, but I think it belongs here maybe? 

I have a sandbox cluster running 9.11.1P6 that I used to test a Powershell script I developed using the 9.11.1.2208 version of the PowerShell Toolkit. The following line works in the sandbox:

$destpath = ($vserver+":"+$destinationvolume)

$sminfo = Get-NcSnapmirror -Destination $destpath

$sminfo then contains all the parameters relating to a specific snapmirror relationship which I use for automation. FYI, I connect to the controller at a previous point in the script and the variables are all set correctly. However, when I try to run the same script against a production cluster running Data ONTAP 9.11.1P5, it fails and $sminfo returns an empty object. I have tried adding -ONTAPI and -ZapiCall but that did not work.  For business reasons I cannot upgrade the production cluster for several months so I need to find out if there is a problem with my script or a problem with P5. I checked the ONTAP release notes and cannot find anything specific to this problem. Any insight would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Drew_C

Sorry there hasn't been much interest in your question here. Can I suggest that you ask over in the NetApp Discord? There's an ontap-api channel that might be helpful. http://netappdiscord.com

Community Manager \\ NetApp

AmmarMhowwala

Hi Fred,
We have made an effort to replicate the issue reported by the you, using the same configuration. However, we were unable to reproduce the issue and found that the cmdlet is functioning properly. Please find attached the results of our tests for your reference.

Public