ONTAP Rest API Discussions

Highlighted

REST API - Uploading, Deleting and Listing Folders and Files in a CIFS Share

Hello,

I would like to be able to utilize the REST API of ONTAP to be able to READ/WRITE/DELETE files on a share. I want to be able to make HTTPS requests to do this.

I believe I have found the calls https://< IP ADDRESS>/docs/api/. See attached picture. 

I'll have our programmer look into it, but I would like to confirm this capability.  Any help on this would be very helpful.

Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: REST API - Uploading, Deleting and Listing Folders and Files in a CIFS Share

With ONTAP 9.7, you are able to read files using a GET on the /api/storage/volumes/{volume.uuid}/files/{path} endpoint. In the next version of ONTAP, you will also be able to create, rewrite, rename, delete files (but not in 9.7)

Highlighted

Re: REST API - Uploading, Deleting and Listing Folders and Files in a CIFS Share

Thanks for the speedy response. Is it true 9.8 is approaching general release?

Highlighted

I can't share any specific date, but yes, it is approaching a general release.

Highlighted

No Problem. Is there a summary sheet of enhancements that will be included in this release you can share with me? I am expecting another nice enhancement in and would like to know what the other ones will be.

Highlighted

When the release does go live, you can expect a summary of the changes and additions to be posted, but I don't have anything that I can share right now.

Check out the KB!
Knowledge Base
All Community Forums