ONTAP Rest API Discussions

This operation is not permitted on a SVM that is configured as the destination of a MetroCluster SVM

pierreCHANKJI

Hi 

I need to add a new admin user, but when I did in a Graphic I have this error : This operation is not permitted on a SVM that is configured as the destination of a MetroCluster SVM relationship.

could you help me. 

Version : NetApp Release 9.8P7

cdt

8 REPLIES 8

Ontapforrum

I don't know the answer but  I am curious to know what exactly you are trying to achieve ? I see in the image that you are trying to add 'veeam' user, what is it for ? Are you trying to backup SVM DR ?

pierreCHANKJI

Hi 

No what I need to do is add a new user to administrat Netapp : Veeam is an example. 

Ontapforrum

Ok. Is this the system manager on the destination cluster ? so, are you currently logged into it as 'admin' ?

pierreCHANKJI

Hello yes I m logged into as admin. 

this is system manager on source cluster

Ontapforrum

Ok.  Is there currently any other users with admin role assigned ? Is this the first one you are adding to it? So once you logged in, you go to Cluster | Settings | Users & Roles ? 

pierreCHANKJI

Yes I have another admin (created with CLI) not in Graphic. 

but the problem with CLI tha't I can't assign several applications for the connection for this user (HTTP and ONTAPI) like this : 

security login create -vserver engCluster -user-or-group-name admin1 -application ontapi, http

Ontapforrum

yes,  in CLI, you need to add application separately not together:

::> security login create -vserver engCluster -user-or-group-name admin1 -application ontapi
::> security login create -vserver engCluster -user-or-group-name admin1 -application http

Anyway, I am curious to know how did you receive the original error - This operation is not permitted...?

MaGr

Hi,

you cannot create a user inside a replicated SVM "-mc".

Marcus
Public