ONTAP Rest API Discussions

Unable to Query Flexcache Constituent

ABUser

Hi,

I am trying to move flexgroup constituents from one aggregate to another, but when I try to find information on the constituent prior to a moving it, I am getting an error. Here is the constituent's information as per the system's CLI:

yankee-mgmt::*> vol show -fields instance-uuid  -volume flexgroup_test__0001
vserver volume               instance-uuid
------- -------------------- ------------------------------------
ruth    flexgroup_test__0001 ac3e03a1-f04c-4fce-98de-0f94e8196aee

The REST informational call of https://yankee-mgmt/api/storage/volumes/ac3e03a1-f04c-4fce-98de-0f94e8196aee returns the following:

{ "error": {"message": "entry doesn't exist", "code": "4", "target": "uuid"} }

With the above in mind, why isn't the REST call finding the constituent information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clint_Sanderson

I have been testing on a lab system and it looks like manipulating a constituent volume by REST is not possible.  REST calls look up volumes via a REST specific internal table.  I checked and constituent volumes are not propagated on it nor supported for use.  I tested and get the same result with CLI passthrough.  

I will verify this with Engineering and then write up a kb article discussing it and link it here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Clint_Sanderson

I have been testing on a lab system and it looks like manipulating a constituent volume by REST is not possible.  REST calls look up volumes via a REST specific internal table.  I checked and constituent volumes are not propagated on it nor supported for use.  I tested and get the same result with CLI passthrough.  

I will verify this with Engineering and then write up a kb article discussing it and link it here.

Public