Simulator Discussions

7-Mode Simulator 8.2.5P4

TMADOCTHOMAS

Is there a 7-Mode simulator still available, in particular one with 8.2.5P4? I have a handful of 7-mode systems left and would like to still have a test system if needed, but would need P4 to mitigate the netlogon issue that will occur in February.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

darb0505

Hi @TMADOCTHOMAS,

You should be able to run an upgrade on the vsim to 8.2.5 then go to P4. 

Thanks

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GidonMarcus

The simulators usually released without patches (P). But An ONTAP upgrade within the simulator usually works on the same base version. So if you have any 8.2.x image - you can likely upgrade it to whatever minor or patch release image you have..

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

nakapyon

Thank you for your help.

I was thinking the same thing.

I have ONTAP8.2.3 simulator. I could safely upgrade to ONTAP8.2.5P4.

I will verify the netlogon issue.

TMADOCTHOMAS

@GidonMarcus  and @nakapyon , thank you both for replying!

Where is the link to download the 8.2.5 simulator? I couldn't find it. Based on what you're saying, I can then patch it to P4.

darb0505

Hi @TMADOCTHOMAS,

Currently there is only 9.5+ on the Simulate ONTAP page.  I was able to find some older links in previous community post that appear to still be working for downloading older vsim images.

Reference: Community post: 82P6 7-Mode simulator 

You can get the image then do an upgrade to 8.2.5P4.  I hope this helps.

Thanks

Team NetApp

TMADOCTHOMAS

@darb0505  I found the 8.2.3 image online. Will that upgrade to 8.2.5P4, or do I have to be on 8.2.5 to do that in the simulator?

darb0505

Hi @TMADOCTHOMAS,

You should be able to run an upgrade on the vsim to 8.2.5 then go to P4. 

Thanks

Team NetApp

TMADOCTHOMAS

Perfect! Thank you @darb0505 and all others who assisted with this question!

Public