Simulator Discussions

8.2P6 7-Mode simulator

lewisharman
Hey everyone, I am looking for an .ova download for ONTAP 8.2P6 7-Mode simulator.  Does anyone know if it is still possible to get hold of this as the NetApp downloads page now only has 8.3 and up? Cheers, Lewis
7 REPLIES 7

rorzmcgauze

Come on NetApp Sim team. These are need for test purposes and transition planning. Since they are still supported they should be available. Please put the links back.

ericmb

Agree, we have the same problem. migrating to cDOt and need these for testing.

SeanHatfield

Those old versions are tgz archives.  Once extracted you can convert them to ova files with ovftool:

ovftool --allowAllExtraConfig --extraConfig:monitor_control.pseudo_perfctr=TRUE --extraConfig:timeTracker.forceMonotonicTTAT=TRUE --extraConfig:monitor_control.disable_tsc_offsetting=TRUE --extraConfig:monitor_control.disable_rdtscopt_bt=TRUE <path to>\DataONTAP.vmx DataONTAP.ova

8.3+ doesn't need all the extraConfig but older versions may panic without it.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

ericmb

Thank you very much for that info!

Eric

LEON_IC_UVA

peluso

Hi!

I may be late to the party but we did see this request & let the PM know people were looking for older versions and she had them added.  Feel free to reach out when stuff like this happens -- either to me as a private message (which will ensure I see it) or continue to post in the Developer Network.  We are a small community team but will always do our best to help.

Simulate ONTAP 8.2.2 has been added to Toolchest

http://mysupport.netapp.com/tools/download/ECMLP2538456DT.html?productID=61970

Thanks so much!
Terri Peluso
Senior Community Program Manager

rorzmcgauze

Thanks thats just what we needed.

Public