Simulator Discussions

8.1.4 Infinite Volume feature

shashi_boddula

Hi,

I am deploying 8.1.4 Cluster mode simulator and trying to create Infinite volume, but i am not able to create. I am getting the error "The Infinite Volume feature is not enabled. Contact your NetApp sales  representative to enable this feature. The hash key for enabling the feature is not present on node" during "vserver create".

> vserver create -vserver NetApp-V -rootvolume V_root -aggregate aggr1 -ns-switch file -nm-switch file -rootvolume-security-style unix -is-repository true

Error: command failed: The Infinite Volume feature is not enabled. Contact your NetApp sales representative to enable this feature. The hash key for enabling the
       feature is not present on node "SENetApp-01".

Any hint how to enable Infinite Volume feature on 8.1 simulators?

I have applied all cluster mode license.

Thanks & Regards,

Shashi Kanth.

3 REPLIES 3

scottgelb

8.1 needs an environment variable setting (physical or vsim)...do you have the 8.2 VSIM instead?

shashi_boddula

I have 8.2 VSIM, but we want to try with 8.1.X VSIM only.

Please can you tell me through which environment variable we can turn on Infinite volume feature.?

Thanks.

tardie

The Infinite Volume (IV) feature was a PVR only feature when introduced in 8.1.1. It also required you to dedicated the whole cluster to a single IV. I won't say it would be impossible to get a hash key, but pretty unlikely.

Data ONTAP 8.2 removed the PVR and dedicated cluster requirements. So I agree with Scott, use the 8.2 simulator instead. 

Public