The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Simulator Discussions

HA failover configuration in 7mode Simulator.

Manoj_Rohilla

Hi All,

Can someone help me in creating HA configuration in 7mode Simulator. 

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

aborzenkov
Wow! Hat off ... Care to document it (blog or similar)?

shatfield

That could be interesting.  I don't run a blog though.  Maybe I should start.

It would probably take a series of posts.  To get through it you need an ESX server, an NFS server, and a pretty good comfort level in the systemshell.

aborzenkov

If you come around to doing it, please post a note here. Thank you!

aborzenkov
Do you have a link to description how to do it?

shatfield

No documentation that I could find.  To get it working I had to solve a few puzzles.  How to make NVRam persist accross reboots, how to get 2 VMs shared access to the simdisks, and how to get NVRam mirroring working accross nodes.  More accurately, I had to figure out how they solved them.  Ultimately it involved moving the simdisks to an nfs share, a number of settings in the vloader, and using the VMCI bus to simulate RDMA.  Its a complex config, and it only works on certain versions of VMware.

aborzenkov

It is possible only in 7.x version (not sure if it is still available). 8.x version does not support HA pair anymore. 

shatfield

Its possible, its just not supported, its not documented, and its extremely complex to configure.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public