The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Simulator Discussions

How do I assign the right IP address & default gateway?

smithr

Thanks for the correct answer to my earlier problem!  Now I've got my ONTAP 8.1 7-mode sim working nicely in VMware Fusion on Mac OS X 10.7.5.

In Mac OS, I can see a private virtual network on Link#8 with addresses in the 192.168.199/24 range.  I assigned the sim's e0a to 192.168.199.99, with no conflicts.  None of the 3 other vNICs have an IP address.  All the sim's vNICs are configured private to host. I also have a Win7 VM running on the same VLAN, but with NAT. 

The default gateway on the Win7 VM appears to be 192.168.199.2.  I assigned that to the ONTAP sim also, but I can't ping the gateway, or the Mac host, or the Win7 VM from the sim.  What must I do to establish connectivity?

Regards,

-- Bob Smith

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public