Simulator Discussions

On upgrade, vol0 gets corrupted

DRG

Hello all. I'm having trouble upgrading the NetApp simulator on ESXi. Upgrading through the boot menu doesn't work at all, but uploading it as a second image then making it the default works at first, but errors out upon reboot with vol0 getting corrupted. Doing a simple 'vol show' at that point, OnTap comes back with "there is no 'show'". I should state that I increased the vol0 space before the upgrade and there was still 1G free after uploading the image.

I should also state this is a single-node cluster, and I do see "corrupted replicated database" errors on boot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DRG

Before, after the upgrade reboot finished and everything looked good, I rebooted again. This time, after the first reboot and everything looked good, I accessed it through SSH and it said the upgrade was still in progress. I waited until I could SSH into the cluster without that message. 

I also made sure there was no volume-related jobs before the upgrade.

Everything is good.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ontapforrum

DRG

Like I said, 1G after the new image was uploaded

DRG

Before, after the upgrade reboot finished and everything looked good, I rebooted again. This time, after the first reboot and everything looked good, I accessed it through SSH and it said the upgrade was still in progress. I waited until I could SSH into the cluster without that message. 

I also made sure there was no volume-related jobs before the upgrade.

Everything is good.

Public