Simulator Discussions

SIM Cluster 8.3 Snapmirror

HenryUK

Hi All

i am trying to simulate a production and DR site using snapmirror and Veam Backup

we currently have a FAS8020 as production but want to simulate the process for Veeam to use the snapmirror

i have created the cluster 8.3 simulated cluster in our productions site and licenced it by following the guide and adding all the licences - which has worked well

i am now placing another cluster 8.3 simulater in our DR site - but i guess i need to change the system ID to be able to do this? my only problem is i cannot find a second cluster node licence?

i am using this on the primary site

Cluster Base license = SMKQROWJNQYQSDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

but after changing the setenv i cannot use this licence again or find one i could use site this site

is it possible for me to do this somehow? i need to show this off so we can discuss the possibility another FAS8020 in out DR environment

2 REPLIES 2

RPHELANIN

there is no need to change the system ID, just give each cluster a different name and you'll be fine. All licenses will work on all simulators without chaging any sys iDs

P.S Please give Kudos if you feel this answer has helped you! 🙂

HenryUK

brilliant thakn you

i did not want to waste time building a second one just for it to turn around and fail on me

good to know 🙂 thank you

Public