Simulator Discussions

Simulator 8.3.1 running on ESX

JJGALLIHER

I have been able to successfully install/deinstall 8.3.1 twice now and I have the same problem.  my node ip addresses work fine, however my cluster ip address will work for a few minutes, then disconnects.   When I do a net int show,  it shows the clust-mgmt is up and available.  If I do a net int migrate to the other node e0d, it behaves the same way, works for a few minutes, then disconnects and is unpingable.   When I do a net port show, the port e0d (cluster_mgmt) it shows up and running.   When I do a net ping -node {nodename}  with a destination of the cluster ip address, it comes back alive doing it from both nodes.  However I can not ssh to the ip address or connect to the ontap manager with the cluster ip address.   

I install a plain 8.3 simulator and it works fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SeanHatfield

Sure you don't have an IP conflict? 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JJGALLIHER

So just to make sure I didn't have a bad download, I downloaded the ova file again and reinstalled.  Same results,  cluster-mgmt is accessible for 1-2 minutes then becomes unresponsive, can  not connect via System Manager or ssh.   The node ip addresss are pingable and can connect to them.   port e0c and e0d are being used for node and cluster management respectively.   I can migrate the cluster management to e0c and it has the  same behaviour,  can connect via system manager and ssh and then nothing.   Not sure what I am missing here.

SeanHatfield

Sure you don't have an IP conflict? 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JJGALLIHER

embarrassing enough.....You were correct, the server team grabbed the ip address and assigned to one of their servers.   I thought I was going crazy with this.   Thank-you for your help!

SeanHatfield

We've all been there.  Thanks for the kudo.

NESTY

i have installed simulater on esxi , i unable to boot  An error was received from the ESX host while powering on VM vsim-esx-DOT8.3.1-cm.
Failed to start the virtual machine.
Module Disk power on failed.
Cannot open the disk '/vmfs/volumes/56c2f50a-11ea6d38-89d6-901b0e62dd30/net/vsim-esx-DOT8.3.1-cm-disk4.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.
Failed to lock the file

NESTY

i have installed simulater on esxi , i unable to boot  An error was received from the ESX host while powering on VM vsim-esx-DOT8.3.1-cm.
Failed to start the virtual machine.
Module Disk power on failed.
Cannot open the disk '/vmfs/volumes/56c2f50a-11ea6d38-89d6-901b0e62dd30/net/vsim-esx-DOT8.3.1-cm-disk4.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.
Failed to lock the file

SeanHatfield

Could be export rules on an nfs datastore, but theres not really enough information there to say whats going on.  

Public