This error message normally occurs due to an authentication issue: There are a few things to check although looking at the Snapdrive logs can sometimes help diagnose which bit is failing. It might be worth posting the output on here, although these are some things to check and might also help diagnose where the problem is.
- Have you created an account for snapdrive to use on the SVM and has this user account been added to the local admins group on the server?
- Has a mgmt lif been created on the SVM which can ping the AD and DNS servers, and has an active directory connection been setup on this SVM successfully?
- Can you login to the filer using the snapdrive account and password just to check the account is working (you will need to add ssh authentiction to the account name).
- Have you been able to establish the iSCSI sessions successfully?
- Have you added HTTPS authenticaiton to the Storage System in Snapdrive under Transport Protocol Settings?
- If you create a CIFS share on the same SVM are you able to map to it from the server?
I think you are missing amanagement LIFon theSVM that allowsSnapDriveto communicate. Note: the managementLIFdata protocol must be set to “none” and the SVM name should resolve to the management LIF IP address
Also, just to confirm to connect to theSVMmanagementLIFusethevsadmin accountover HTTP/S.