The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Simulator Discussions

ONTAP simulator on ANTSLE box?

Nick_Elliott

Has anyone attempted to run any version of the ONTAP simulator on an ANTSLE box?

https://antsle.com/

Looks like it would be a great lab box if it works.  They do have their own hypervisor.  They claim they can pull in vmdk's but I think anyone who has tried to convert the simulator to hyper-v knows that doesn't mean it will work.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SeanHatfield

Antsle is built on KVM.  I've tried a few times to bring it up on KVM without success.  

I have had plenty of success running them on assorted intel NUCs.  Even i3 NUCs will work given sufficient ram and SSD/NVME.  

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AlexDawson

It could be a bit tricky due to the advanced networking and disk configuration for the VSIM - if it's going to fail on anything, it would be that - I personally run an ONTAP sim on an Intel NUC7i5BNH running VMWare. Very easy setup.

Nick_Elliott

Thanks!

I thought about the Intel nuc but thought it wouldn't be powerful enough.  I had alot of problems in the past with a 5 year old AMD computer turned esxi server.  The hosts we're resource contrained all the time.  I thought I would need to go to something with a good xeon processor.  I'll give the nuc a try.

SeanHatfield

Antsle is built on KVM.  I've tried a few times to bring it up on KVM without success.  

I have had plenty of success running them on assorted intel NUCs.  Even i3 NUCs will work given sufficient ram and SSD/NVME.  

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public