Simulator Discussions

Testing S3 support with simulator

pepijnve

I would like to test the new S3 functionality that was added in ONTAP 9.8, but the license file for the simulator does not contain a key for S3. Is it possible to get a license key for S3 as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

darb0505

Hi Pepijnve,

Sorry that the simulator does not contain the S3 license to test out the new S3 functionality in ONTAP 9.8.  

You can obtain a free S3 evaluation license on the NetApp Evaluation Central site.  NOTE: The site requires NetApp login credentials.

Admin edit:

Your sales team should be able to help obtain the above mentioned evaluation license(s). The hyperlink to it has been removed.

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

darb0505

Hi Pepijnve,

Sorry that the simulator does not contain the S3 license to test out the new S3 functionality in ONTAP 9.8.  

You can obtain a free S3 evaluation license on the NetApp Evaluation Central site.  NOTE: The site requires NetApp login credentials.

Admin edit:

Your sales team should be able to help obtain the above mentioned evaluation license(s). The hyperlink to it has been removed.

Team NetApp

pepijnve

I'm not with NetApp so I don't think I will have access to the site in question. It doesn't resolve on public DNS servers either so I can't even try.

We (Datadobi) are a NetApp partner so I'll ask via our regular point-of-contact if we can get access to an evaluation license somehow.

darb0505

Hi pepijnve,

Sounds good.  Let us know if you run into any issues trying to get the S3 evaluation license.

Thanks

Team NetApp
Public