Simulator Discussions

new demo in existing environment

lucasba

Hello! We currently have a demo running in a vmware vSphere 6.7.0.20000 environment with its mNode and Ontap. We want to add another demo with the same requirements to do replication tests creating Openshift and Trident. Is it possible to have everything running while actually freeing up resources for better performance? Which version of Element is required by best practices?

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2

RossC

Hi @lucasba 

It's a little unclear what help you are asking for here.

In terms of "freeing up resources" can you elaborate on what you are referring too? 

In regards to your query about what version of SolidFire Element is required by best practices? Do you mean in terms of Openshift deployments? I believe Redhat Openshift will have some documentation about what versions of NetApp software is supported, so that might be a good place to start.

lucasba

we have a demo hci environment where we want to DR against a new deploy. It must be ONTAP (dont know which version use) + Openshift (+Trident), my question is: within the current environment vmware vSphere 6.7.0.20000 that runs the current Netapp HCI (prod) which ONTAP version should I use? Are there better practices? Currently we also have some performance problems within the esxi host regarding resources, we have released but we do not know if doing all this new deployment we will be adjusted. I cant find any documentation related to this kind of situation.
I hope I have explained the situation better. Thank you.

Public