Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Ansible netapp NetApp API failed. Reason - Unexpected error:UnicodeEncodeError('latin-1',

adminqskills

Hi everybody,

I try to use Netapp Plugin for ansible and Get this error:

Ansible netapp NetApp API failed. Reason - Unexpected error:UnicodeEncodeError('latin-1',

Can anybody help me?

This is my inventory:

[na2244]
na2244.qs.de ansible_ssh_pass=netapp123 ansible_ssh_user=admin

and this is the playbook:

---
- hosts: localhost
collections:
- netapp.ontap
name: Volume Action
vars:
hostname: na2244
username: admin
password: netapp123
vserver: vserver1
aggr: aggr1
vol_name: testvol
tasks:
- name: Volume Create
na_ontap_volume:
state: present
name: “{{ vol_name }}”
vserver: “{{ vserver }}”
aggregate_name: “{{ aggr }}”
size: 10
size_unit: gb
policy: default
junction_path: “/{{ vol_name }}”
#hostname: “{{ hostname }}”
hostname: “na2244.qs.de”
#username: “{{ username }}”
username: “admin”
#password: “{{ password }}”
password: “netapp123”
https: true
validate_certs: false

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JohnChampion

That looks like an error caused by doing a copy-n-paste from a website - maybe a netapp.io article?  Spacing, indentation, EOL chars - YAML is sensitive to all of this (and more!).

Support for the NetApp Ansible modules is through Slack - channel (thepub#configurationmgmt channel).

Suggest you go to netapp.io and click on the Slack Invite icon on the top right and then post your questions in the above mentioned channel.  You'll get your answers rather fast there 🐵

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JohnChampion

That looks like an error caused by doing a copy-n-paste from a website - maybe a netapp.io article?  Spacing, indentation, EOL chars - YAML is sensitive to all of this (and more!).

Support for the NetApp Ansible modules is through Slack - channel (thepub#configurationmgmt channel).

Suggest you go to netapp.io and click on the Slack Invite icon on the top right and then post your questions in the above mentioned channel.  You'll get your answers rather fast there 🐵

adminqskills

Hi John,

thank your for the reply and the hint to the other channl. Youre right it was about the  diffrent "

Public