Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Comparison between 7-mode API and cDOT API

knieberg

Hello gurus,

is there somewhere a direct comparison between 7-Mode API and cDOT API?

Reason in behind:

We have a complex application doing all the provisioning, quota management etc via 7-mode API calls. Now we are asked to enable this application to be cDOT ready. To assume the necessary amount of work to be done we need a compersion between the both API.

Many thanks for your help

Kai

4 REPLIES 4

aashray

Hi Kai,

You might find the Clustered ONTAP developer Guide useful for this : https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-18058

It compares the commonly performed 7-mode tasks with how they are performed in Clustered ONTAP.

-Aashray

rpotru

Do you know if  OnCommand API Services is supported for 7-mode? I can see only Clustered Data ONTAP being mentioned in the documentation.

asulliva

@rpotru,

API-S only works with clustered.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

FelipeMafra
Hello,

Since I know it will only work with cluster mode.

Regarding to different APIs between cluster and 7 mode is: 7-mode has only one set of API while cluster mode has two of them. One related to cluster and other one related to vserver.

If you've developed a class like quota for 7 mode you can use it for cluster mode but the API call to populate data on it will be different.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public