Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Error in using API reason="Vserver API missing vserver parameter."

nidhimittal

Hello All,

i am using ONTAP.9.0 SDK API to develop puppet library to integrate with ONTAP.

I am calling api like this

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!DOCTYPE netapp SYSTEM 'file:/etc/netapp_filer.dtd'>

<netapp version='1.15' xmlns='http://www.netapp.com/filer/admin' nmsdk_version='5.6' nmsdk_platform='CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 x86_64' nmsdk_language='Ruby' nmsdk_app='puppet_netapp_cmode'>

<cifs-domain-password-schedule-modify><schedule-randomized-minute>100</schedule-randomized-minute></cifs-domain-password-schedule-modify></netapp>

Response body from ONTAP 

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<!DOCTYPE netapp SYSTEM 'file:/etc/netapp_gx.dtd'>
<netapp version='1.100' xmlns='http://www.netapp.com/filer/admin'>

<results reason="Vserver API missing vserver parameter." status="failed" errno="13006"/></netapp>

In result i am getting this errror in puppet program

Error: /Stage[main]/Main/Node[hnidhi-vsim1]/Netapp_vserver_cifs_domain_password_schedule[data_server]: Could not evaluate: Executing api call cifs-domain-password-schedule-modify schedule-randomized-minute 100 failed: "Vserver API missing vserver parameter."

If we refer api for 

cifs-domain-password-schedule-modify

[top]

Modify the attributes of cifs-domain-password-schedule object.

Input Name

Range

Type

Description

is-schedule-enabled

boolean 
optional 

Value of this field indicates whether domain account password change schedule is enabled or not. Value of true indicates schedule is enabled.

schedule-day-of-week

cron-day-of-week 
optional 

This field specifies the day of week when the scheduled domain account password change occurs

schedule-randomized-minute

[1..180]

integer 
optional 

This field specifies the minutes within which the scheduled domain account password start time can be randomized beginning schedule-time-of-day

schedule-time-of-day

time-of-day 
optional 

This field specifies the time in HH:MM:SS at which the scheduled domain account password change starts

schedule-weekly-interval

[1..52]

integer 
optional 

This field specifies the number of weeks after which the scheduled domain account password change must occur

Errno

Description

E_CIFS_OPERATION_NOT_SUPPORTED_IN_WORKGROUP_MODE

My aim is -  I want to change value of schedule_randomized_minutes in this command.

My query is

1) API IS not asking for vserver name in its input Then why this error is coming?

2)If vserver has to be given in input , how do we give it ?

Any kind of help in understanding this error response from server will be really helpful.!!!!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FelipeMafra

In cluster mode the are 2 sets of API, cluster APIs and Vservers API. Most of those CIFS APIs are driven to vserver.

To have a better understanding I recommend you open the Zedi folder under NMSDK. In there you'll find the Zexplorer which is the documentation of APIs. I think after some play around you'll understand a little better. 😉

By the way you don't have to ask your user for the vserver, but your software will have to find out. I do this kind of operation using both sets. First calling cluster and then get the right vserver. If you'll do it for all vservers, just iterate through it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

FelipeMafra

In cluster mode the are 2 sets of API, cluster APIs and Vservers API. Most of those CIFS APIs are driven to vserver.

To have a better understanding I recommend you open the Zedi folder under NMSDK. In there you'll find the Zexplorer which is the documentation of APIs. I think after some play around you'll understand a little better. 😉

By the way you don't have to ask your user for the vserver, but your software will have to find out. I do this kind of operation using both sets. First calling cluster and then get the right vserver. If you'll do it for all vservers, just iterate through it.

Public