Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

[Fixed] Powershell & cDOT - "Incorrect credentials" error

matthewf

I’m using the NetApp Powershell Toolkit to programmatically perform some tasks. After I establish a connection to my cluster using the admin credentials in Powershell, commands which are READ operations (Get-NcCifsShare) work fine, data comes back from the cluster without issue. However certain operations which WRITE (Add-NcCifsShare) return the following error:

Add-NcCifsShare : Incorrect credentials for ATL-PRD-NTAP.
At line:3 char:5
+ Add-NcCifsShare -Name $srcShare.ShareName -Path ("/" + $mirror.De ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (SVM_CIFS:NcController) [Add-NcCifsShare], NaAuthException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.C.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Cifs.AddNcCifsShare

Obviously my credentials are correct, because I’m able to return data.

I’m wondering if this may be a SECURITY ROLE or API PERMISSIONS error, although I’m using ADMIN (also tried VSADMIN and connecting directly to an SVM, same effect) and I see that admin user is assigned admin role, which has permissions of “default", which seems to include permissions for all commands.

Anyone see this? Anyone have ideas?

1 REPLY 1

matthewf

FIXED

Sample of the command I was passing in:

Add-NcCifsShare -Name $name -Path ("/" + $name) -Comment "test share" -Controller $DestController -VserverContext $SVM

The issue was with the -Controller parameter. Removing it allows the command to run without an "incorrect credentials" error.

Public