Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

[Fixed] Powershell & cDOT - "Incorrect credentials" error

matthewf

I’m using the NetApp Powershell Toolkit to programmatically perform some tasks. After I establish a connection to my cluster using the admin credentials in Powershell, commands which are READ operations (Get-NcCifsShare) work fine, data comes back from the cluster without issue. However certain operations which WRITE (Add-NcCifsShare) return the following error:

Add-NcCifsShare : Incorrect credentials for ATL-PRD-NTAP.
At line:3 char:5
+ Add-NcCifsShare -Name $srcShare.ShareName -Path ("/" + $mirror.De ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (SVM_CIFS:NcController) [Add-NcCifsShare], NaAuthException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.C.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Cifs.AddNcCifsShare

Obviously my credentials are correct, because I’m able to return data.

I’m wondering if this may be a SECURITY ROLE or API PERMISSIONS error, although I’m using ADMIN (also tried VSADMIN and connecting directly to an SVM, same effect) and I see that admin user is assigned admin role, which has permissions of “default", which seems to include permissions for all commands.

Anyone see this? Anyone have ideas?

1 REPLY 1

matthewf

FIXED

Sample of the command I was passing in:

Add-NcCifsShare -Name $name -Path ("/" + $name) -Comment "test share" -Controller $DestController -VserverContext $SVM

The issue was with the -Controller parameter. Removing it allows the command to run without an "incorrect credentials" error.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public