Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

How to update NetApp Execution Environment in Ansible Tower / AWX

Borix

All the documentation I have found regarding Ansible Tower / AWX and NetApp use schmots1/na_ansible_ee as the docker image for the execution environment. It looks like the netapp.ontap version within that image is not up to date. Is there any documentation from NetApp regarding using or creating an updated version of the execution environment within Ansible Tower / AWX?

There is plenty of documentation around standalone ansible execution environments, but I couldn't find documentation specifically around Ansible Tower and NetApp.

I'm getting the following error when trying to create FCP LIFs from AWX: "msg": "Error creating interface ANSIBLESAN_ral_n04_0g: calling: network/fc/interfaces: got {'message': 'Field \"location.home_node.name\" cannot be set in this operation', 'code': '262196', 'target': 'location.home_node.name'}." I have tried using the same playbook on a separate server using standalone Ansible, no AWX, and I do not get the error then. According to a NetApp resource in the Discord community, the error is fixed in netapp.ontap version 22.1.0, therefore the need to upgrade the execution environment in AWX.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick_TK7227

Hi Borix

Did you receive any answer from NetApp regarding the question "How to update NetApp Execution Environment in Ansible Tower / AWX"?

Thank you for your answer.

Regards,

Patrick

Borix

I did not.

Jim_Robertson
Public