Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

In powershell what is a good way to test to see if a clone split is complete?

aleeyee

Hello,   I have been trying to find a way to test if a clone split is complete.  I know Get-NcCloneSplitStatus gives me information but throws an error after the clone is complete.   I looked at the volume fields on the cli and there is field called clone-volume, but could not find the corresponding PS attribute.   I ended up doing something like below but wanted to know if there is a better way code wise to test to see if the clone split was done.

$snap_busy = (Get-NcVol -Vserver $svm -name $org_vol | Get-NcSnapshot -SnapName $org_snap).Dependency
while($snap_busy)
{
Write-Host "Wakeup in 30 seconds...."
Start-Sleep 30
$snap_busy = (Get-NcVol -Vserver $svm -name $org_vol | Get-NcSnapshot -SnapName $org_snap).Dependency
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donny_lang

Same logic as your code, but once the split operation has been completed, the volume will no longer show up in the output of the "Get-NcVolClone" command (since it is no longer a clone). In your code, you could test for its absence from the output of that command and then branch from there based on that data.

$SplitStatus = Get-NcVolClone -Volume volume01
while ($SplitStatus){
Write-Host "Split in progress..."
Start-Sleep 30
}

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

donny_lang

Same logic as your code, but once the split operation has been completed, the volume will no longer show up in the output of the "Get-NcVolClone" command (since it is no longer a clone). In your code, you could test for its absence from the output of that command and then branch from there based on that data.

while ($SplitStatus){
Write-Host "Split in progress..."
Start-Sleep 30
}

View solution in original post

aleeyee

Excellent I ran the code with this and it worked great and cleaner option.  Thanks for the solution.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public