Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

NMDSK 4.1 and Visual Basic .NET?

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Hi all,

can anyone tell me, how I can create a connection to a Filer with NMSDK 4.1 and Visual Basic .NET ?

Thank you!

Lukas

Best Regards,
Lukas
7 REPLIES 7

sens

Hi Lukas,

Please see the sample codes bundled with NMSDK 4.1 zip file.

The simplest example which will show you how to create a connection to a Filer (NetApp Storage System) using VB.NET can be found at:

<nmsdk bundle root directory>\src\sample\Core_API\DotNet\VB.NET\hello_ontapi\

Regards,

Sen.

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Hi Sen,

I've downloaded the "netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1-dotnet-bindings.zip" File and there are no source codes for VB.NET. Now I'm downloading the "netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1.zip" File and hope that there are some VB.NET source codes in. Maybe you can post the VB.NET source code here?

Thank you,

Lukas

Best Regards,
Lukas

sens

Sorry, I was assuming you were already using netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1.zip. My Bad.

You will find the said sample code under:

\netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1\src\sample\Core_API\DotNet\VB.NET\hello_ontapi\

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Hi Sens,

okay, then I got the wrong Package 🙂

Thank you for your help!

BR,

Lukas

Best Regards,
Lukas

sens

Actually, netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1-dotnet-bindings.zip is not a wrong package. It's just a different package containing different interfaces to connect to NetApp storage system.

It contains only the C# sample codes. If you want to use only the dotnet-bindings package for VB.NET, we can write sample codes for you and post it here. However, if you want to

use the regular SDK package (netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1.zip), you can get the VB.NET sample codes from the location mentioned in the previous post.

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Sorry, i mean the wrong package for my projects.

Thank you anyway.

Lukas

Best Regards,
Lukas

ssoo_verti

This folder does not exists.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public