Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

NetApp API using call quota list

haha

Can not have more than 1000 quota list calls using NetApp API?

[2016-12-30 18:19:40] [INFO] [UserServiceImpl.java.checkQuotaAndCreateQtree():504] checkQuotaAndCreateQtree Start
[2016-12-30 18:19:40] [INFO] [NetAppServiceImpl.java.getNetAppQuotaList():194] getNetAppQuotaList Start
[2016-12-30 18:19:40] [INFO] [NetAppUtil.java.getQuotaList():909] getQuotaList Start
[2016-12-30 18:19:45] [INFO] [NetAppServiceImpl.java.getNetAppQuotaList():213]  - arrNetAppQuotaList size : 1000
[2016-12-30 18:19:45] [INFO] [UserServiceImpl.java.checkQuotaAndCreateQtree():509]  - quotaList Size : 1000
[2016-12-30 18:19:45] [INFO] [UserServiceImpl.java.checkQuotaAndCreateQtree():520]  - isQuota :
false
[2016-12-30 18:19:45] [INFO] [NetAppUtil.java.addQuota():305] addQuota Start
[2016-12-30 18:19:50] [ERROR] [NetAppUtil.java.addQuota():353] addQuota NaAPIFailedException

3 REPLIES 3

asulliva

I'm not terribly familiar with the Java side of things, but do you know which ZAPI it's using?  If it's using "quota-list-entries" then I think it does have some maximum...it's a single API call that will return all results, up to the maximum, at once.  Using the iteration set of APIs should have no maximum however.  You'll need to use quota-list-entries-iter-start followed by quota-list-entries-iter-next until it returns that there are no futher entries and, to be polite, end with quota-list-entries-iter-end.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sharathbabu

Hi Andrew,

Even I am facing the same issue.

Could you please help me with the syntax for using "quota-list-entries-iter-start", "quota-list-entries-iter-next" and "quota-list-entries-iter-end".

Thanks in advance

Sharath 

FelipeMafra

Hello,

Yes you can get more then a thousand quotas returned by API but not in a single API call. You should use the next-tag to keep calling for the next until there are none.

I am not a Java guy so I'll give you a sample of my Python code where I get a lot of quotas from quota report. In one filer it returns more than 60k quotas, so it works.

def _get_quota_report_cluster(filer):
quota_report = []

# simulate a do while
tag = None
while True:
if tag:
api = filer.call_api('quota-report-iter', ('max-records', '200'), ('tag', tag))
else:
api = filer.call_api('quota-report-iter', ('max-records', '200'))
# check if filer connection have any error
if api == "error":
return []
tag = api.child_get_string('next-tag')

attribute_list = api.child_get('attributes-list')

if attribute_list and attribute_list.has_children():
for q in attribute_list.children_get():
quota = Quota()
quota.filer_name = q.child_get_string('vserver')
quota.volume = q.child_get_string('volume')
quota.tree = q.child_get_string('tree')
quota.target = q.child_get_string('quota-target')
quota.type = q.child_get_string('quota-type')

if quota.type == 'user' or quota.type == 'sid':
if q.child_get('quota-users') is None:
continue
for user in q.child_get('quota-users').children_get():
quota.user = user.child_get_string('quota-user-name')
try:
quota.disk_used_gb = q.child_get_int('disk-used')
quota.disk_limit_gb = q.child_get_int('disk-limit')
except ValueError:
quota.disk_used_gb = 0
quota.disk_limit_gb = 0
quota_report.append(quota)
if not tag:
return quota_report

Pay attention that Filer and Quota are classes that I created, so it's not in the NMSDK. The main point here is the concept.

In this example the function returns a list of quotas object.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public