Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Highlighted

'None' value of field 'instance_uuid' for 7-mode lun and Aggregate performance data in Simulator

In NETAPP 7-mode simulator, We are getting a value "None" of the field 'instance_uuid' for 7-mode lun performance and Aggregate performance data, although this field(instance_uuid) has a correct value into inventory data. We want to confirm that will we get the correct value (Not 'None' value) field in the real environment?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: 'None' value of field 'instance_uuid' for 7-mode lun and Aggregate performance data in Simulator

Hi,

Have checked the returned XML on Zedi? How is that being returned?
Highlighted

Re: 'None' value of field 'instance_uuid' for 7-mode lun and Aggregate performance data in Simulator

I have checked xml response in Postman call. Here is response:

<netapp version='1.1' xmlns='http://www.netapp.com/filer/admin'>
    <results status="passed">
        <timestamp>1481632348</timestamp>
        <instances>
            <instance-data>
                <name>/vol/test_vol1/test_lun01-BmRoB$IDc6tR</name>
                <counters>
                    <counter-data>
                        <name>instance_name</name>
                        <value>/vol/test_vol1/test_lun01-BmRoB$IDc6tR</value>
                    </counter-data>
                    <counter-data>
                        <name>instance_uuid</name>
                        <value></value>
                    </counter-data>
Highlighted

Hi,

I've tried this on my production environment and I got the same result. It's not returning any value.

If you are using this for identifying LUN you should use instance name which is the visible name plus serial.

I am not sure but I think this uuid field only returns a value if you have set LUN id.
Highlighted

We have used the same thing you suggested for indentifying LUN.

Thanks for your support.

Check out the KB!
Knowledge Base
All Community Forums