Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

OnCommand Perl API

davidgramsay

Greetings all.

My question is relatively simple, is there a API to access OnCommand similar to the NetApp Manageability SDK. I have experience with the current SDK and know that if I talk straight at OnTap I can build most of the functionality I need, but with the alrams and thresholds in OnCommand it is doing most of what I need any way so I was wondering if it is possible to pull these events, alarms and performance stats via an API from OnCommand?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grissino

Yes, there is an OnCommand Insight API. You can find details about it here:

https://support.netapp.com/documentation/productlibrary/index.html?productID=60983

Details are in the OnCommand Insight Connect API PDF. We need to put more details in here, when Eng resources are assigned. But, at least it's a start.

There are more methods and classes than those in that 6.3 guide. I have a list of those additions, in case you need them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

grissino

Yes, there is an OnCommand Insight API. You can find details about it here:

https://support.netapp.com/documentation/productlibrary/index.html?productID=60983

Details are in the OnCommand Insight Connect API PDF. We need to put more details in here, when Eng resources are assigned. But, at least it's a start.

There are more methods and classes than those in that 6.3 guide. I have a list of those additions, in case you need them.

davidgramsay

excellent I'll give that a look. yes if you could forward me on the list of additions that would be awesome.

grissino

Here is the list of additions that we'll add to Connect API PDF. I don't have more details at this point and these descriptions haven't been reviewed, but again, it should get you started.

The following methods were added to OnCommand Insight Connect API:

• setApplicationWithNoBusinessEntity: Adds a new application or updates the attributes of an existing application 
  • setApplication: Adds a new application or updates the attributes of an existing application. 
  • addVmToApplication: Associates a virtual machine with an application 
  • removeVmFromApplication: Removes the association between a virtual machine and an application. 
  • setApplicationOfVolume: Associates a volume with an application. 
  • removeVolumeFromApplication: Removes association between a volume and an application. 
  • setApplicationOfInternalVolume: Associates an internal volume with an application. 
  • removeInternalVolumeFromApplication: Removes the association between an internal volume and an application. 
  • setApplicationOfQtree: Associates a qtree with an application. 
  • removeQtreeFromApplication: Removes the association between a qtree and an application. 
  • setApplicationOfShare: Associates a share with an application. 
  • removeShareFromApplication: Removes association between a share and an application. 
  • setBusinessEntityOfStorage: Sets/unsets the business entity of a storage. 
  • getBusinessEntityOfStorage: Gets the business entity of a storage. 
  • setBusinessEntityOfSwitch: Sets/unsets the business entity of a switch. 
  • getBusinessEntityOfSwitch: Gets the business entity of a switch. 
  • setBusinessEntityOfPort: Sets/unsets the business entity of a port. 
  • getBusinessEntityOfPort: Gets the business entity of a port. 
  • setBusinessEntity: Adds a business entity if it doesn't already exist. 
  • getBusinessEntity: Finds the business entity with the given id. 
  • getBusinessEntities: Finds all business entities. 
  • getApplicationsOfVm: Retrieves all the applications that are associated with a given virtual machine. Each application contains a list of the objects (hosts, virtual machines, volumes...) that are associated with it. 
  • getApplicationOfVolume: Retrieves the application that is associated with a given volume. Application contains a list of the objects (hosts, virtual machines, volumes...) that are associated with it. 
  • getApplicationOfInternalVolume: : Retrieves the application that is associated with a given internal volume. Application contains a list of the objects (hosts, virtual machines, volumes...) that are associated with it. 
  • getApplicationOfQtree: Retrieves the application that is associated with a given qtree. Application contains a list of the objects (hosts, virtual machines, volumes...) that are associated with it. 
  • getApplicationOfShare: Retrieves the application that is associated with a given share. Application contains a list of the objects (hosts, virtual machines, volumes...) that are associated with it.
Public