Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Ontap 9.0 mising API Get-NcNameServiceDNSStatistics and Get-NcDashboardAlarm

johnh703

It appears Get-NcDashboardAlarm and API Get-NcNameServiceDNSStatistics are not in Ontap 9.0. It works on 8.3.2P5.

3 REPLIES 3

mbeattie

Hi John,

The CmdLet to API mapping is:

Get-NcDashboardAlarm = dashboard-alarm-get-iter
Get-NcNameServiceDNSStatistics = name-service-dns-statistics-get-iter

The "dashboard-alarm-get-iter" API is available in ONTAP9 but the "name-service-dns-statistics-get-iter" certainly isn't? I'm not sure why that is but one work around might be to use the "Invoke-NcSystemApi" CmdLet to invoke the ZAPI if the CmdLet isn't available..

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

johnh703

Thanks but neither works for me. I don't see the dashboard-alarm-get-iter in my library in PowerShell. Is this avaiable to everybody?

dashboard-alarm-get-iter : The term 'dashboard-alarm-get-iter' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

asulliva

Dashboards no longer exist in ONTAP 9, so that set of APIs (and consequentially cmdlets) will not work.  Looking at the API documentation, the ZAPI "name-service-dns-statistics-get-iter" doesn't exist in ONTAP 9 either.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public