Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

PowerShell script to replace the Self-Signed Certificate on multiple SVMs

RB00000

I was working on vulnerabilities remediation, and we had to fix a “SSL Certificate Self-Signed” vulnerability related to Storage Virtual Machines (SVMs/vservers). Since we have many SVMs, I decided to automate the process as the manual process is cumbersome and time-consuming. The script assumes you have only one issued wildcard certificate to apply to all SVMs. In the future, I will work on a second version of the script so each SVM can have its own certificate. The script workflow is as follows:

1) Creates a folder for each SVM as it progresses.

2) Copies the existing SSL/Cert of the SVM into a file and saves it into the SVM folder.

3) Deletes the existing/default cert. If successful, it will create an empty file (Deleting_SSLcert_was_successful.txt) in that SVM folder. This is just for confirmation.

4) Applies the issued certificate and copies the newly applied SSL/Cert information of the SVM into a new file and saves it in the same SVM folder.

5) Modifies the SVM to use the new SSL/Cert settings.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public