Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Powershell New-NcSnapMirrorPolicy

DWoodberry

I am trying to recreate a snapmirror policy with schedule that I built out manually on a test cluster.  Cluster is running ONTAP 9.12 and my toolkit is 9.12.1.2302.

My issue is when I try to apply the schedule (Cron Job) to the policy. When using the gui to build everything, I have no issues.  Below is my syntax:
"New-NcSnapmirrorPolicy -Name 45DailyBackup -Type async -SnapmirrorLabel backup -VserverContext $cluster -CreateSnapshotOnSource $false -Keep 45 -TransferSchedule MAAG-Vault"

The error I get is (Cannot bind parameter 'TransferSchedule'. Cannot convert the "MAAG-Vault" value of type "System.String" to type "DataONTAP.C.Types.SnapmirrorPolicy.TransferSchedule".)
I have tried to assign the "Trasnfer Schedule" as a variable to see if it would convert, but no luck. However, I can use the gui and assign this transfer schedule. I also made an attempt to also use Set-NcSnapmirrorPolicyRule and Add-NcSnapmirrorPolicyRule using my Policy name, but I get "no matching records". Any help would be great as I feel I am missing something simple. 

3 REPLIES 3

DWoodberry

So I think I found a work around, but I also think there may be a bug in the toolkit. There is nothing that I found that can directly create an object of type "DataONTAP.C.Types.SnapmirrorPolicy.TransferSchedule"

$cronJobSched = Add-NcJobCronSchedule -Name MAAG-Vault -Hour 3 -Minute 0
$transferSched = [DataONTAP.C.Types.SnapmirrorPolicy.TransferSchedule]::new()
$transferSched.Name = $cronJobSched.JobScheduleName
$transferSched.Uuid = $cronJobSched.Uuid
New-NcSnapmirrorPolicy -Name 45DailyBackup -Type async -SnapmirrorLabel backup -VserverContext $cluster -CreateSnapshotOnSource $false -Keep 45 -TransferSchedule $transferSched

AmmarMhowwala

This issue is not a bug; the specific parameter requires an object of type 'DataONTAP.C.Types.SnapmirrorPolicy.TransferSchedule.' We will raise a ticket to update the help documentation for this cmdlet, clarifying that the mentioned parameter expects a value of the specified object type.

DWoodberry

Thank you. Would this include an easier way to created an object of this type instead of having to use the method I did above? 

Public