Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Qtree info api

MURUGES_MU

Hi,

which API gives the export information of the qtree. i need to know what are are the protocols(nfs/cifs/both) supported by the qtree thru' API.

if a volume contains multiple qtrees then how to get the filesystem size per qtree.

Thanks,

Muruges

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi Muruges,

1. Which API gives the export information of the qtree?

What information are you looking for? The nfs-exportfs-list-rules-2 gives the rules for the exports including a qtree.

2. I need to know what are are the protocols(nfs/cifs/both) supported by the qtree thru' API.

For CIFS, use the cifs-share-list-iter-start/next/finish.  If the qtree is in both the CIFS list and the NFS exportfs list, then the qtree can be

accessed by both protocols.

3. If a volume contains multiple qtrees, then how to get the filesystem size per qtree?

There are two answers: use quotas or sum all the file sizes in the qtree.

Once a quota is added to a qtree, quota-report-iter-start/next/end can be used to obtain how much space the qtree is using.

Using file-list-directory-iter-start/next/end, you can obtain all the file sizes in the qtree directory and sum them.

I recommend using quotas.

Regards,

- Rick -

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi Muruges,

Are you questions for clustered ONTAP or 7-mode?

Regards,

- Rick -

MURUGES_MU

Hi Rick,

the questions are for ONTAP 7-mode.

Thanks,

Muruges

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi Muruges,

1. Which API gives the export information of the qtree?

What information are you looking for? The nfs-exportfs-list-rules-2 gives the rules for the exports including a qtree.

2. I need to know what are are the protocols(nfs/cifs/both) supported by the qtree thru' API.

For CIFS, use the cifs-share-list-iter-start/next/finish.  If the qtree is in both the CIFS list and the NFS exportfs list, then the qtree can be

accessed by both protocols.

3. If a volume contains multiple qtrees, then how to get the filesystem size per qtree?

There are two answers: use quotas or sum all the file sizes in the qtree.

Once a quota is added to a qtree, quota-report-iter-start/next/end can be used to obtain how much space the qtree is using.

Using file-list-directory-iter-start/next/end, you can obtain all the file sizes in the qtree directory and sum them.

I recommend using quotas.

Regards,

- Rick -

Public