Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

SDK 9.7P1 cifs-session-file-get-iter crashing on special charctor \005 "ENQ"

AllenTR

We have run into an issue with cifs-session-file-get-iter crashing.  We have a cifs share that is appending "^EQ30lsldxJoudresxAaaqpcawXc" to the end of the file name.  A search for  Q30lsldxJoudresxAaaqpcawXc explains that it is a windows feature "Created by Indexing service on images" or "Alternate Data Streaming" not sure which applies or if they are saying the same thing. 

The result is a crash of the command:

Traceback (most recent call last):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./cifs_sessions_get_iter.py", line 47, in <module>
xo = s.invoke_elem(api)
File "/data/netapp/netapp-manageability-sdk-9.7P1/lib/python/NetApp/NaServer.py", line 518, in invoke_elem
return self.parse_xml(xml_response)
File "/data/netapp/netapp-manageability-sdk-9.7P1/lib/python/NetApp/NaServer.py", line 715, in parse_xml
p.Parse(xmlresponse, 1)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 4, column 377

Using python 2.7 and 3.6

I was able to work around this by adding a line of code at line 504 to remove the special charter.  I am figuring if one broke it the rest might also so I am pruning the special charters before the xml parser in NaServer.py:

xml_response = re.sub('[\000-\031]','',xml_response)

Is there another way to doing this without modifying NaServer.py?

If not can I have your recommendations?

Maybe a fix can be put in to process special charters?

Thank you

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public