Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Undocumented <registry-get> command

YEGOR_FADEEV

Hello,

I am working on project which with is integrated with NetApp by means of OnTAP API.

One of my subtask is to get dns domain name assigned to my vfilers. I know that it's possible since OnCommand System Manager can do it.

I didn't find API related to my requirements apart from "vfiler-list-info" which response has 'dns-info' structure but this structure is not filled every time.

I looked into Wireshark when I retrieve dns information by using OnCommand System Manager and saw that it uses some undocumented API call which is "registry-get". I was able to reproduce call and return desirable result.

I looked through oncommand-api documentation as well but I only found  "client-registry-get" command which unfortunately has different semantic.

Can I rely on such API?  Is it possible that command "registry-get" becomes deprecated in future? Is any documents describing "registry-get" command

Regards,

Yegor Fadeev

2 REPLIES 2

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi Yegor,

The registry-get API will not be deprecated for 7-mode ONTAP.

Regards,

- Rick -

YEGOR_FADEEV

Thank you Rick! It's very helpful.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public