Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

perf-object-get-instances ignoring arguments

matthewrtqs

This has been discussed in other threads (https://communities.netapp.com/thread/1405). I have been teaching myself Ruby and have found that no matter how I try to pass arguments to perf-object-get-instances it will always ignore the counters and instances arguements. For instance, when looking at aggregate performance I have been trying to get the API to return on the total_transfers counter on one aggregate. The following snippet will restrict the output to aggr0, but returns all the counters for that aggregate.

aggr_perf = s.invoke("perf-object-get-instances", "objectname", "aggregate", "instances", "aggr0", "counters", "total_transfers")

aggr_perf.child_get("instances").child_get("instance-data").child_get("counters").children_get.each do |counter|

puts counter.child_get_string("name") + " ==> " + counter.child_get_string("value")

end

Perhaps I'm coding this incorrectly?

3 REPLIES 3

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi Mathew -

The invoke method doesn't take array inputs.  Please use zexplorer for testing and code generation.  Also the example perf_operatioin.rb in the SDK code example directory is helpful.  In the meantime, the code below should help.

pogi = NaElement.new("perf-object-get-instances");

pogi.child_add_string("objectname", "aggregate");

counters = NaElement.new("counters");

counters.child_add_string("counter", "total_transfers");

pogi.child_add(counters);

instances = NaElement.new("instances");

instances.child_add_string("instance", "aggr0");

Regards,

- Rick -

pogi.child_add(instanes);

aggr_perf = s.invoke_elem(pogi);

chayashida

Rick,

Thanks for your post. It pointed me in the right direction, so I was able to code something in Perl. I wrote it up here: https://communities.netapp.com/thread/24839

It's probably too late for the original poster, but I'm adding this comment in case it helps someone else when they search the web site.

Thanks,

Chris

rle
NetApp Alumni

Thanks Chris for an excellent post.  I will put it in my blog.

Regards,

- Rick -

Public