Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

volume-create volume-type "DP" - Only volumes of type "RW" can be mounted during create.

JENGELBRECHT

I'm trying to create a volume on Vserver using the OnTAP 1.17 VServer API:

I'm calling the volume-create method as follows -

r = s.invoke("volume-create", "volume", "test01", "containing-aggr-name", "aggr1_node01", "size", "20971520", "junction-path", "/test01", "export-policy", "n01_vs10", "volume-type", "dp", "volume-state", "offline", "is-junction-active", "false", "percentage-snapshot-reserve", "15")

And I get:

Only volumes of type "RW" can be mounted during create.

I've tried adding the 'volume-state' parameter and setting it to "offline" so that it won't be "mounted during create", but that did not work either.  Setting the 'volume-type' to "rw" (default) works, but then I can't use the volume as SnapMirror destination.  I need to set the volume type to "DP" for SnapMirror.

Thoughts?

Jaco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi Jaco,

I did some reading from the "SnapMirror® Intercluster Failover and Resync Express Guide". A volume type "DP" cannot have a mount point.  Only after the SnapMirror relationship is broken, can the volume be mounted.

Regards,

- Rick -

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi Jaco,

I did some reading from the "SnapMirror® Intercluster Failover and Resync Express Guide". A volume type "DP" cannot have a mount point.  Only after the SnapMirror relationship is broken, can the volume be mounted.

Regards,

- Rick -

Public