SolidFire and HCI

Solidfire array timing out on vip

yossarian1

It seems that my array isn't listening on the configured vip on port 3260.  I can telnet the other nodes in the cluster just fine, but I get nothing when trying the vip.  My cloud deployment is unable to create or attach volumes due to this.   I'm unsure why this is happening.  My other array is working fine.

What are some steps to take to get the vip back online?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yossarian1

That test reported it as passing even though hitting the vip and port with telnet timed out.  Restarting services on the master got the vip active again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

elementx

It seems that my array isn't listening on the configured vip on port 3260. 

First confirm whether it is or isn't listening.

I don't think a cluster can be up and running without errors and yet SVIP isn't available. 

It took me 5 seconds to go to System Tests and click Run Tests to confirm if my SVIP is up.

elementx_0-1643247204831.png

yossarian1

That test reported it as passing even though hitting the vip and port with telnet timed out.  Restarting services on the master got the vip active again.

elementx

If services on the Master weren't running, there should be a warning or error condition.

If there weren't errors and the test passed, that means network is likely misconfigured or malfunctioning.

I'd upgrade to latest release and if it happened again I'd gather the logs and contact Support to find out what's wrong. Could be a faulty network, or hardware, or software.

yossarian1

Yeah that was the odd thing; I didn't see any glaring errors in the console.

elementx

That's what I'm saying - now that you restarted services maybe the SIP/SVIP moved to the other switch or network port. If you restart a few more times maybe you'll lose access again.

Public