VMware Solutions Discussions

Deployment error Snapcenter PlugIn for vSphere

tbshpgn

Hello community,

I'm testing the deployment of the snapcenter Plugin for vSphere as .OVF-file on our environment. The installer stops because of an  invalid certificate.

In former versions there was only an untrusted certificate warning that could be acknowledged. That's no longer possible.

I already tried different versions of the Snapcenter plugin for vSphere (4.6 P1 & 4.7). and vCenter server (7.0.3g, 7.0.3h & 7.0.3i)

The deployment of other appliances such as Active IQ Unified Mangager worked fine.

Do you experienced the same issues? 

Greetings

Tobias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tbshpgn

After some more test I found a workaround for our environment:

- unpack .ova package

- delete .mf and .cer files

- deploy .ovf with all files that are required (1 .ovf - 4 .vmdk and 1 .png) via wizard

- step 4 (deployment summary )shows now (no certificate present) and you can continue with further steps

Greets

Tobias

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ontapforrum

Check this bug:
https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Protection_and_Security/SnapCenter/vCenter_reports_%22Entrust_Code_Signing_CA_-_OVCS2_(Invalid_C...

Have you tried workaround -"Click Ignore next to warning".

If the workaround doesn't help, check this VMware Kb

Deploying OVA shows "Invalid Certificate" on vCenter 7.0U2, but shows "Trusted certificate" in older versions (84240)
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/84240

tbshpgn

Hello @Ontapforrum ,

as you can see in the screenshot attached to my post there is no opportunity to acknowledge the warning or to klick "ignore".

I tried the deployment process in different browsers (Chrome, Edge). Same symptoms in both browsers.

Greeting 

Tobias

Ontapforrum

Ok, I see your point.  Have you tried the steps in the VMware KB ?

tbshpgn

I will check this option next week. But I guess it wont help because that article describes an untrusted certificate issue that can be "ignored" by clicking ignore next to the warning.

In my case it's an invalid certificate - not an untrusted. So I guess a fully certificate chain wont fix it.

Do you have the opportunity to deploy the actual plugin in your environment from a fresh downloaded .ovf from the NetApp downloads page? Maybe the ovf package is generelly "corrupted". That would help a lot to see if it might be only an issue of our environment.

Ontapforrum

Yes, you may be right. Sometimes, it can happen. I would also advise raise a ticket with support for this issue, I am sure they must have seen this issue.

tbshpgn

After some more test I found a workaround for our environment:

- unpack .ova package

- delete .mf and .cer files

- deploy .ovf with all files that are required (1 .ovf - 4 .vmdk and 1 .png) via wizard

- step 4 (deployment summary )shows now (no certificate present) and you can continue with further steps

Greets

Tobias

Public