VMware Solutions Discussions

Edge-T controllers not appearing in Provisioning and Cloning

jayscovill

VSC 4.2.1

ESXi 5.5

vCenter Server 5.5

OnTap Edge-T 8.2

I have added an Edge-T 8.2 VM to VSC in Monitoring and Host Configuration -> Overview and it is discovered correctly.  However, it does not show up in the Provisioning and Cloning -> Storage Controllers section.

I have gone through the log bundles but cannot discover any reason why it's not being added.

All references to this issue on the forums are indicating this was related to bugs in previous versions of VSC.

I have several other physical NetApp controllers that are in the Provisioning and Cloning -> Storage Controllers section.

Logs attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jayscovill

This has been resolved.

It looks like it was a result of the right licensing option not being activated on the Edge-T NetApps.

Once I turned on the FlexClone license (options licensed_feature.flex_clone.enable on) the they appeared in the Provisioning section.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jayscovill

This has been resolved.

It looks like it was a result of the right licensing option not being activated on the Edge-T NetApps.

Once I turned on the FlexClone license (options licensed_feature.flex_clone.enable on) the they appeared in the Provisioning section.

Public