VMware Solutions Discussions

FAS2020/ESXi 4.0/iSCSI datastore paths

doug_dockter

I have an ESXi 4.0 host with the datastore residing on a FAS2020.  I installed the NetApp plug-in for vCenter.  After the install, I noticed there was a red alert for the MPIO settings.  I clicked on "set recommended values".  It appears that set the the iSCSI datastore to use two paths (both the NIC attached to the iSCSI VLA

1 REPLY 1

doug_dockter

It appears for some reason, my original post was incomplete.  Below is the full text.

I have an ESXi 4.0 host with the datastore residing on a FAS2020.  I installed the NetApp plug-in for vCenter.  After the install, I noticed there was a red alert for the MPIO settings.  I clicked on "set recommended values".  It appears that set the iSCSI datastore to use two paths (one over the filer interface connected to an iSCSI VLAN, and the other over the filer interface conneted to my data network for CIFS traffic).  In the ESXi vSwitch I have set up for iSCSI traffic, I have two NICs allocated which connect to the iSCSI VLAN.  So I wonder how ESXi is seeing the CIFS filer interface and how can I prevent that.   On ESXi I can go into the host storage config.  Select Properties>Manage Paths and then disable the data network facing target (if that is the best way to do it).

Public