Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

VMware Solutions Discussions

Failover having NFS shares

OmSrivastava
Hello ,

We are going to perform a failover test of Netapp devices having NFS shares (Vms hosted). Will the vms will also takeover or they will shutdown ? Please assist .
1 REPLY 1

GidonMarcus

Hi.

Storage failover should be non disruptive for stateless based protocols. i will not expect someone to intentionally configure the VMWare and NetApp environment in a way where the VM expected to have impact upon a storage failover.

Having said that. it;s very easy to make a mistakes in configuration or not follow a best practice, some of them can cause an actual outage.

if you want to verify it, i'll suggest to confirm compatibility in VMWare and NetApp interoperability matrix. and browsing the Ethernet. NFS, and ESX relevant guides from NetApp and VMWare according to the Products and versions you are using and verify the right considerations been taking in the design..

Ther's also a set of known issues listed here:

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1029822/loc/en_US#__highlight

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public