Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

VMware Solutions Discussions

Get an error Failed to run the scan manager VSC 4.0

Alec_Keeler

I get the following in caster.log when trying to scan datastores for misalignment, the sacn manager runs for a few seconds but all datastores show last updated as never

I am trying to track down some io high latency issues, but the system was setup by someone else and I have never used it before

Now the log seems to imply some invalid login credentials, but I have no idea what login credentials are being checked, can anyone point me at the correct docs ? I'm guessing whoever set up got it working with their own user account and some role etc needs granting to mine ? We are using VSC 4.0 with vcenter server 4.1.0

Thanks

Alec

2015-02-20 11:47:46,909 (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-2) ERROR [ScanManagerJob] - Failed to run the scan manager
com.vmware.vim25.InvalidLogin
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at com.vmware.vim25.ws.XmlGen.fromXml(XmlGen.java:201)
    at com.vmware.vim25.ws.XmlGen.parseSoapFault(XmlGen.java:80)
    at com.vmware.vim25.ws.WSClient.invoke(WSClient.java:133)
    at com.vmware.vim25.ws.VimStub.login(VimStub.java:1563)
    at com.vmware.vim25.mo.SessionManager.login(SessionManager.java:157)
    at com.vmware.vim25.mo.ServiceInstance.<init>(ServiceInstance.java:90)
    at com.vmware.vim25.mo.ServiceInstance.<init>(ServiceInstance.java:69)
    at com.netapp.caster.server.scanmanager.ScanManagerJob.execute(ScanManagerJob.java:72)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public