VMware Solutions Discussions

ONTAP tools for VMware vSphere roadmap

JGosnell

We recently upgraded our vCenter server to version 8 and the Netapp plugin can no longer register.  I can see in the vCenter tasks that the background NetApp discovery is still taking place, but I have no frontend environment available nor any context menu options for datastore operations.  I was just curious what the estimated timeframe may be for compatibility.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RossC

Hey @JGosnell 

Whilst we can't provide specific ETA's for software releases (that have not already been publicly announced elsewhere) on this forum, I can assure you that this on our radar. We understand alot of customers are jumping over to vSphere 8. VMware changed some of the architecture around plugins with vSphere 8 so we had to put some additional time into revising our plugin to meet these revised requirments. 

If you still need a specific release date, then your local NetApp Account Manager or Partner should be able to share that with you directly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RossC

Hey @JGosnell 

Whilst we can't provide specific ETA's for software releases (that have not already been publicly announced elsewhere) on this forum, I can assure you that this on our radar. We understand alot of customers are jumping over to vSphere 8. VMware changed some of the architecture around plugins with vSphere 8 so we had to put some additional time into revising our plugin to meet these revised requirments. 

If you still need a specific release date, then your local NetApp Account Manager or Partner should be able to share that with you directly.

Public