VMware Solutions Discussions

OnTAP Tools - 9.13 or 10.0?

TMADOCTHOMAS

We are currently running OnTAP Tools 9.11. I see that I can upgrade to 9.13 easily enough, but 10.0 seems to be a different animal altogether. The link belong talks about migrating from 9.x to 10, but I can't find information on upgrading. Does a separate OVA need to be deployed to 'upgrade' to 10? If so I can't find that documented anywhere. The article below talks about being able to migrate from 9.11 "D4", but not from 9.12 or 9.13. If I upgrade to 9.13, will I be able to migrate to 10? Can anyone provide clarity? Thanks in advance.

https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-tools-vmware-vsphere-10/migrate/migrate_to_ng.html

5 REPLIES 5

TMADOCTHOMAS

FYI, opened a case to try to get an answer.

prcpa8w3p

We are looking to deploy OTV in our environment. Checked the InterOp Matrix tool and were running VMware vCenter server 8.0 Update 2 and ONTAP 9.13.1Px. We don't currently plan on using either SRM/SRA or vVol features.

Which should we choose and why? What are the major differences between the two versions?

1. 9.13P1

2. 10.0

prcpa8w3p

We are looking to deploy OTV in our environment. Checked the InterOp Matrix tool and we're running VMware vCenter server 8.0 Update 2 and ONTAP 9.13.1Px with both NFS and FC datastores. We don't currently plan on using either SRM/SRA or vVol features.

Based on the InterOp matrix tool results, we must proceed with 9.13P1 as it currently supports FC, 10.0 unfortunately does not. *sad face*

Public