VMware Solutions Discussions

RCU 3.0 indicates weird maximum datastore sizes

gdixonnetapp

Using RCU on Vsphere when I try to resize most vmfs datastores on iscsi luns, the maximum datastore size is showing to be less than both the current and the minimum datastore size. Not all of my VMFS stores are like this, but most are. The few nfs stores show correctly. What am I not considering or how stoopid am I being? Thanks for any assistance!

Glen

6 REPLIES 6

costea

This is a bug in the 3.0 version of RCU.  We have fixed it in the 3.1 version which is available as part of VSC 2.0.

gdixonnetapp

Do the existing components need to be uninstalled or can I install VSC 2.0 over the top? and thanks for your help.

costea

You'll have to uninstall RCU 3.0.  VSC 2.0 will prompt you to if you don't.

yadav516361

Hi Costea!!

Is there any API call or sample code to get the Datastore Minimum and Maximum values from the "Resize Datastore" window as screen shot attached in the above "RCU_datastore.jpg"?

costea

No, we don't have an API call for that.  Many factors have to be taken into consideration here: whether you're resizing a LUN or a volume, the snapshot space, the snapshot percent reserved, whether thin provisioning has been enabled, etc.

yadav516361

Thanks for the reply. Could you please point me to the document if any where they have shown the procedure to calculate the min/max values for datastore? If there is no document could you please help me in the process of calculating the min/max values based on the various parameters you listed above.

Thanks

Public