VMware Solutions Discussions

SRA Support for Version Flexible Snapmirror

coreywanless

We currently have a cascaded snapvault off of a snapmirror. We use SRA 2.1P1. When looking at the array pair, I'm only seeing the traditional DP mirrored volumes. I don't see the version flexible mirrors. I'm using a type of 'mirror-vault'.  

I'm unable to find any documentation on this. Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

Hello Corey,

The NetApp SRA does not currently support version flexible or combined SnapVault/SnapMirror realtionships.  Only the "async-mirror" relationship with a type of "DP" is supported.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

asulliva

Hello Corey,

The NetApp SRA does not currently support version flexible or combined SnapVault/SnapMirror realtionships.  Only the "async-mirror" relationship with a type of "DP" is supported.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

coreywanless

Thanks. I look forward to this being a feature for obvious reasons.

slair

FYI, this is now supposed to be supported in SRA 3.0

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public