VMware Solutions Discussions

Scandinavian User Group?

eric_barlier

Hi,

Can we have a scandinavian user group? How do I go about getting that done?

Cheers,

eric the viking

2 REPLIES 2

BrendonHiggins

Hi

I started the Leeds user group by posting an event on this forum.  It was a small meeting with 3 people in a pub taking NetApp.  We had a couple more meetings and word spread.  Our next meeting in on the 30th Sept and has 3 presentations and 30 people in attendance.

I have since joined the committee for the UK's NetApp user group which is independently managed and funded.  http://www.netappusergroup.com/  We have 150+ people attend these day long events with two or three different presentations running simultaneously.

I would also recomment talking to your NetApp account manager and resellers to get email addresses of other NetApp users in your area.  My 1st couple of emails went unanswered, so get the AM / Reseller to forward your invertaion to your meetings until you get established.

This is what my last email looked like.

Leeds NetApp User Group Meeting - Performance and Storage Efficiency

September Meeting

Wednesday, 30th September 2009 at 14:00 (Light refreshments from  13:00)

Performance and Storage Efficiency

Speakers:       Leon Clayton, NetApp  UK

Brendon Higgins, DLA Piper UK  LLP

Venue: DLA Piper UK  LLP, Princes Exchange, Princes Square, Leeds, LS1 4BY

Building on the highly successful informal local  meetings and feedback received, the Leeds branch of the NetApp User Group is  happy to host a formal afternoon of presentations followed by an evening  networking with peers in the informal setting of the local indoor karting  track.

Agenda

13:00 Arrival, Tea / Coffee

14:00 Presentation on isolating performance problems  and root causes - LC

15:00 Round table discussion on performance issues  and solutions - BH

16:00 Presentation on storage efficiency, and VMware  storage performance investigation methodology - LC

17:00 Close

19:00 Meet at PPiK for Grand Prix racing

This event is free but the evening of karting will  cost £45 per person.  Places are limited to just 30 and Smart business dress  (Shirt, tie and jacket) is a requirement while on DLA’s premises. 

Please reply by email quickly to Brendon.higgins@dlapiper.com and/or paul.taylor@netapp.com reserve your place to avoid disappointment, clearly stating if you  wish to attend the both the afternoon and evening events or just half of the  event.

Hope this helps and good luck

Bren

eric_barlier

Hi Bren,

Thanks for update. I was thinking of an online version of a user group given that I live in Melbourne.. Thanks for the info though, I might be better off trying

to get a Melbourne UG going then.

Cheers,
Eric

Public