VMware Solutions Discussions

Support for vCenter 5.5

alliantenergynjk

We are currently at vCenter 5.0.  I am getting some push to upgrade to 5.1, but with all of the horror stories I have heard about "single sign on", I am hoping to skip 5.1 and go straight to 5.5 (not right away, but in a few months if we hear about no major problems).  Will VSC 4.2 work with vCenter 5.5, or do we have to wait for VSC 5.0 to be released?

Thanks

NK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kboyle

As stated by mlisa, VSC 4.2.1 is available on NSS Downloads as of today 10/3.  Go get it!

Please always review IMT and Release Notes, as with any new product offering.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

ABAKHTIAR

Unable to see virtual machines to create a back up job. The controllers are not properly identified. Seems like a lot needs to be fixed between VSC 4.2 and VMWare 5.5

fonwireless

I am also facing several different issues like you guys report here. NetApp clearly lags behind the competition regarding vSphere support.

brianjm

This thread was marked answered (since the original question was about which VSC would support vCenter 5.5).

If you're having issues with Backup Jobs, your best bet to get it resolved is to start a new thread for that topic, and then include specific details about the issue and logs.  Or, work with NetApp support to get a case created.

Thanks,

Brian

Public